Hootsuite is a popular social media scheduling tool. It recently got into ads with its purchase of AdEspresso recently and now its buying another company. It's an interesting time for the company. It also looks like Hootsuite and Buffer are going in different direction. Buffer is shaping to be more of a content management tool and Hootsuite is more about the ads and analytics side of the business. The industry is maturing and we will see more and more companies buying other ones. This is the nature of business.
Find out more down below.
- Urban Airship is the first mobile wallet to have Apple Pay
- Hootsuite continues its spending spree
- Facebook ads mid-roll to their live stream videos
- Longer videos may be better for engagement
- Google is changing the ads icon
- AMP links showing up outside of search results
- Cloudfare had a terrible bug
- Google Allo coming to the Desktop
- HTTPS should reach 50% search results by 2017
- Google My Business has some new guidelines
- Snapchat Lens game could be interesting for marketing
- Instagram adds multiple album posts
- Google is shutting down Spaces
- Perspective from Google only lets you see the nice side of the internet
Apps/Programs to Try:
Highlights from the Show:
Every scandal in tech is bleed and politics is gate... hmmm
These new lens games from Snapchat has some interesting potential
Soon people are going to be too lazy to type words in Google search. All emojis!
Like these podcasts? Support me on Podbean, Patreon, and PayPal!
Join the Slack and Discord community to talk about tech, marketing, and gaming!